CONNECT. ENGAGE. INVEST. REPEAT!
ConnectUP! MN is a two-day, culturally grounded gathering of curated underestimated entrepreneurs and investors that: learn and share with each other, engage in relationship-building, provide best and next practices from the field, as well as engage in active problem solving to build thriving, diverse, and sustainable enterprises and co-design an ecosystem that prioritizes equitable access to resources, capital and networks.
March 13-14, 2020 Metro State University, St. Paul
At ConnectUP! MN entrepreneurs, investors and the entrepreneur community:
- Learn, share and engage in relationship-building
- Provide ‘Next’ practices from the field
- Engage in active problem solving to build thriving, diverse, & sustainable enterprises
- Co-design an ecosystem that prioritizes equitable access to resources, capital & networks
What makes ConnectUP! MN different?
- Addresses gaps highlighted in the 2019 State of the Work Report
- Rooted in culture
- Focused on deep-relationship building
- Action-driven sessions
- Experiential learning to #LevelUP your work
- Spotlights underestimated entrepreneurs
- And more…
2019 State of the Work Report
In 2018, Moregan Stanley released a report titled The Trillion Dollar Blindspot. It oulines the overlooked opportunities of advancing Missing Middle Entrepreneurs (MMEs) whom often serve as the backbone to their communities. MMEs require specific knowledge, resources, networks, advisors, patient and flexible capital at this growth stage of their business. MMEs are predominately:
• people of color, immigrants, Indigenous and trans communities,
• not big enough to access seed capital money,
• have limited access to ‘Friends and Family’ capital, and
• unable to obtain the necessary credit for the working capital needed to grow the business.
Learn more about who are the MISSING MIDDLE, new trends, and cross-sector recommendations in the 2019 STATE OF THE WORK REPORT.